Saturday, December 18, 2010

For All Homeschool Math Teachers

I love being a homeschool mom. I really do. It's not all fun, and it's not easy, but I honestly love it. It is one of the most rewarding ventures of my life. Having said that, let me make one thing clear: I HATE MATH! For one thing, I'm more the Language/History type; but the main reason I hate math, is that I'm the "I've just explained this clearly to you, now why in the world do you not understand it!!" type.

When I found this clip of Ma and Pa Kettle explaining Math, we all gathered round and laughed so hard. We have always loved Ma and Pa Kettle, and thought we had all their movies, but somehow we had missed this one. And just in case you're wondering, this is a perfect example of what it's like to try to teach Math to someone who already knows all the answers (translated: "to your oldest child").


No comments: