Strawberries and Cream Pie
1 qt strawberries, chopped and stems removed
3/4 c. sugar
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 c. cold water
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1 shortbread pie crust (Keebler makes these)
1. Place mixing bowl and beaters in freezer to chill.
2. Combine strawberries and sugar. Let them sit for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 3. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand 1 minute, then stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved. (doesn't take long, don't get mixture too hot)
4. Stir gelatin mixture into strawberries.
5. Whip cream in cold bowl on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
6. Add strawberries to whipping cream and mix on low until thoroughly combined
7. Pour into pie crust and chill 4-6 hours.