Monday, June 16, 2008

Did I mention that I'm 9 months pregnant?

I'm not one of those cute ladies that gets a "baby bump". I usually milk this experience for all it's worth, and swell from head to toe; therefore, I rarely let anyone photograph me when I'm pregnant. But just for fun, I'll post one snapshot.


Here's me this morning:


(Seth actually told me I looked like "that blueberry girl on Wonka". Now, the kids have been going around chanting, "Violet, you're turning violet, Violet!" Ha ha ha ha)

All jokes aside, I am SO READY for this baby girl. If I survive until next week, the C-section has been scheduled for Monday, June 23rd, and I truly desire the prayers of all my readers. It's been fun blogging and sharing this experience with everyone.

The children are so sweet and excited, and boy have we been "nesting"!! These past 2 weeks, we've cleaned carpet, cleaned out every closet and bookshelf and and drawer and filing cabinet, dusted baseboards to ceilings, cleaned out showers and tubs, washed sheets and pillows, scrubbed down appliances, cleaned the fish tank, and I even made a dress and a skirt. All this when I can barely walk across the room, and Jason even preached a revival out of town. Wow, it truly is an instinct from the Lord that motivates a "mama" to get ready for her baby.

We've picked out a name, and the kids will reveal it to our family when she is born. They are so cute, and it has been hilarious listening to the big kids trying to get the little ones to keep the name a secret (kind of a family tradition for us). As we are a nickname family, they have already picked her out a nickname, and it just melts my heart to hear Bubbie look around and see if anyone else is looking, then run up to my belly and whisper, "Hey, _________! Hurry up and come out!" Yes, my kids are so sheltered and innocent, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Several people have tried to tell Bubbie he is going to be jealous, and have tried to tell Seth that he is going to be the "middle child" (as if this was a horrible disease), but they just look at me like they don't have a clue what these other people are talking about. I just wink and give them that "Some people are just weird, but be polite" smile, and we go on our happy way. It is so true that these rude attitudes are picked up from a very worldly and family un-friendly culture, because they sure don't come naturally in a happy family. Even Caleb doesn't understand what "middle child" means, at least not with the tone of voice that it's usually said to Seth. They've not been to public school, or watched television, or read books that give them these ideas, and as far as they know, siblings are friends. Imagine that!

Again, we truly do desire your prayers, and we'll keep everyone posted of any baby news.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Just hold on and see what I look like in 99 more days!
I agree about the comments, no one seems to understand that our children are not like the kids they see on the Disney channel. (Now, I know they are not perfect, but I am proud of them and they love each other) However, I have close family that complain that "they never got to be a kid b/c all they did was tend to the siblings" and so they kind of come across to me that I am punishing my children by having another baby. Whatever their opinion, I just wish they would keep it to themselves!
Praying for you daily! Can't wait to see the little baby girl.

Leah-Joy said...

We will be praying and would be glad to help in any possible way that we can!!

She will be BEAUTIFUL!!!


Psalm 27 says:
Children are a blessing and babies are a reward!

Deborah said...

This was a great post...your children are so close, and it is a pleasure to visit your blog and "watch" as they mature and grow. Your baby girl will be blessed to be part of such a wonderful family. You are in my prayers.