Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our First Week of Summer

Well, I woke up this morning and remembered that I had a Blog, and maybe I should update it! First, I'd like to thank all my family and friends for your prayers, e-mails, phone calls, meals, and visits over the past few days. It has meant so much to our family. We are doing well; Summer is doing wonderful. I have had some major (strange!) surgery complications, but I am finally beginning to see the light myself. It feels good to be up and about, taking care of things a little at a time, rather than having everyone waiting on me; though I have so greatly appreciated the help.

Here are some snapshots of what we've been doing....

Our darling little Rosebud (KK & Sis had her nicknamed before she was even born!!)


Summer, heading out to her first day at church


I've got lots and lots of helpers!




Remembering why there's a flower named "Baby's Breath"

Some snapshots from the hospital...

Violet the Blueberry with her children, just before delivery

No matter how hard the pregnancy, delivery, and recovery, it's always worth it.

"A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come; but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world." John 16:21

I can only humbly thank the Lord for His abundant and undeserved blessings he has bestowed upon me and my family.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, that picture of you kissing her....I can just smell that wonderful smell of baby's breath...nothing compares! What beautiful pictures.

Deborah said...

These pictures were just awesome! Oh, what a sweet baby...what precious brothers and big sister to look after her. You are very rich, and I know you know that. God has truly given you and your husband a miracle. I am so very happy for you.

Leah-Joy said...

She already seems to be growing! She is so beautiful!

Jessie said...

The pictures are just beautiful! All of them! She's wonderful and sweet just like her sister I cant wait till our baby gets here:)

Deborah said...

Just stopping by again for a visit. These pictures are just wonderful. They bless my heart.