Thursday, February 5, 2009

I can dish it out, and I can take it.

I caused quite a commotion in our little town a few weeks ago (click on the previous link and read the article from The Cedartown Standard, then read the comments that followed). It all started when a reporter who attended the Sanctity of Life Memorial picked one line from my speech that I gave and quoted me in the paper. It just so happened that the one line included the words, "bloodthirsty president". If you had been there, you would have heard me say, in a positive tone, that even though we have a bloodthirsty president, we can still help reduce abortions by sharing the gospel. The gist of the talk was that it's the gospel that saves women who are in sin (which leads them ultimately to have abortions), not the government; that we as pro-life Americans can't give up just because we have a President who campaigned on expanding abortion rights to be on the same level as the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The entire morning had been spent "qualifying", or proving quite conclusively, that Barack Obama is truly the most bloodthirsty President in American history. A man who actually voted against the Born Alive Infants Protection Act in his home state of Illinois (a bill which even NARAL Pro-Choice America was silent on).

I didn't respond to the comments -and believe me, I had plenty to say!- but the Bible says to "Answer not a fool according to his own folly, lest thou also be like unto him".

So, all I will finally say is this, I can dish it out, and I can take it. I'll take the heat and bear it patiently and deliberately, if it means speaking up for the unborn.....and, as you'll read in the link below, even the already born...at times.

Please take time to read the article linked below. It truly illustrates the insanity of abortion. How, a botched abortion that resulted in a live delivery (they then threw the live baby out in the biohazard trash in a plastic bag), is somehow considered criminal...when the original plan was to deliver the baby breech, all but the head, then make an incision in the back of his/her neck, then suck his/her brain out while she was alive and kicking. Where is the logic...and where is the compassion? Lord, help us!
Florida Abortion Clinic Throws Out Live Baby

3 comments:

Melanie said...

OH LORD HELP US!!!!


I JUST CANT BELIEVE THAT THIS IS HAPPENING AND PEOPLE ARE NOT SCREAMING ABOUT IT!!!!

LORD HELP US!!!

Jamie B said...

I appreciate your self-control on choosing not to defend yourself with a comment on the above-linked article. I, however, thought I'd give you a little moral support with a comment. When I stumbled upon your blog before, I was voicing the same concern. The hearts of the young women choosing this must be changed. I know that you know what you are doing is right and just, but it sometimes help to have some vocal support from a sister in Christ. But even better - Matthew 5:11 - Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. - The words of our Lord Jesus christ.

Tara said...

Wow, Jamie B, I just read your comment on the Standard website. Well said, Sister! And thanks so much for your support. It's so much easier to stand for Truth when we all prop one another up! God bless!