Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Blahg

Sorry my blog has been so "blah" this week. We changed our school schedules around a little, and I've been like a drill sergeant with the poor kids LOL. The little guys got a few more responsibilities added to their daily routines, and we spread things around a little differently with the big kids. I'm happy to report that we've had an extremely productive week, and even managed a play day with our best friends! I was so worried about adding Bubbie to our schedule this year, but praise God we are right on track. I can feel the negative vibes I get from people when they find out that I homeschool and they skeptically look at the 5 kids I have. (I find that funny when you consider that most public school classrooms have 25-30 kids, but anyway....) I have learned through the years, however, that "school" is easy. The hard part of homeschooling is discipline and time management. It's an ever-evolving process and an act of grace that helps me stay one step ahead of my children! And, most importantly, I can truly say that we have enjoyed this week, fractions and all. Life is so much more pleasant when you aren't living under the tyranny of the urgent, but function under a schedule and routine.

Here are a few shots of what we've been doing this week.

Our cat Dixie had kittens! Summer absolutely loves the "babies".

This is Butterscotch, the one we're going to keep:


Couldn't you just eat that grin up?




Sis took this picture:


My pink lady apple tree is blossoming!


I know this is a terrible shot, but aren't they a handsome group?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Great title. That made me laugh.

The pictures are beautiful.