Wednesday, December 7, 2011

THINK before you speak!

Here's something the kids and I have been working on lately. I saw this acronym (T.H.I.N.K.) a while back and thought it was a great way to remember to choose our words carefully. One day, we were discussing it, and I started to bring in a few Bible verses. I was amazed at the conviction that began to show on everyone's faces (including my own). So, we got out our Bibles and began looking up verses to go with each letter/idea. So often, I fail miserably as a parent and fall into the "wrath of mom to bring the righteousness of God" routine. How simple and productive it is to just open up the Word of God and let It speak directly to our hearts!

I typed up and printed this little poster. I can't believe how many times I've heard the phrase, "Think before you speak!" in the past few days. I know it has certainly made me be much more mindful of what passes the door of my lips!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Brilliant! We so need to practice this.