Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let the Punishment Fit the Crime

My little Bub is the most precious little guy you could imagine....but his sloppiness is legendary.  Sometimes I can't believe that I gave birth to such a slob!  It drives me insane!

This past week I had reached my limit with his disobedience.  My kids have strict rules about clutter, but he just can't seem to get it together.  All the usual punishments just seemed to have no effect, so I've had to get clever.  We have an upcoming history fair in which Bubbie was planning to be a Navy Seal, his favorite thing in the world.  I gently explained to him that Navy Seals had to carry their own weight and follow instructions and stay ahead of the game.  I gave him an ultimatum:  either get it together and act like a Navy Seal, or change his history fair character to "an Obama supporter", somebody who free loads and expects other people to carry their load.

In order to help him see his progress, I made him a calendar for daily room check progress.

I think he's FINALLY motivated!

- Posted using my iPhone

No comments: