Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Hilarious Everyday

My friend, Rhonda, whose boys I watched grow from boys in elementary school to young men in college, once told me that as much as she missed the "little boy" days, she had truly enjoyed every stage of her sons' lives. Certainly there are many blessings to be enjoyed as your babies grow into young adults and become your beloved friends, and then no doubt the roles will be reversed one day, and the children are able to return the sacrifices of caretaking to their own parents.

Knowing this, and being mindful of how quickly every stage of life passes, I try my best to squeeze every ounce of fun out of my family right now. With a house full of kids 10 and under, this is not a challenge at all. Every day is packed full of hilarious sayings, silly jokes, and tons of goofy antics. They've all had me rolling in laughter this week. I'll never remember each funny thing, but here are a few:

M: "Mama, the rabbit's starting to shred."

S: "Mama, do I make you happy when skies are gray?"

S: [at the library] "Mama, I want a 'says' book!" [after much patience, a few tears, and quick thinking, I finally figured out that a "says book" is a book with only words, no pictures...like KK & Sis read!]

B: [looking at a boo-boo] "Bless my heart!"

C: "Mama, how much does a dead battery cost?" "No charge." [note to self: NO MORE JOKE BOOKS!]

S: "Mama, WHY did you blush it?!" [looking at his gum he just dropped in the toilet]

S: [looking at his sucker from the grocery store clerk] "Sis, are you going to eat your sucker?"
M: "No, it's nothing but high fructose corn syrup and dye!"
S: "I love high plutose corn shyrup, and I'm not going to die!"

Here the little monkeys are getting ready to go to the bank drive-thru. They love to make the poor lady at the window laugh. (what she must think of me!)

I'm so thankful I'm at home with them each day so I don't miss a moment!

2 comments:

Leah-Joy said...

That is TOO CUTE!!!! They are precious.

Melanie said...

I love the one about the sucker!
That sounds just like Jessie & of course Jenna could care less about high fructose corn syrup!