Monday, March 31, 2008

Third Trimester

I am now 27 weeks and 2 days pregnant, heading into my 3rd trimester. I have to eat small portions (if I want to still be able to breathe), I have terrible indigestion, my lap is gone (though that doesn't stop Bub and Seth from trying to sit there!), I wake up about 75 times each night to roll over and get "comfortable", and please...if you drop something at my feet, have mercy and don't look at me to pick it up!


Some women look beautiful during pregnancy. They don't get all puffy and swollen, and you'd hardly know they were pregnant if it weren't for that little bulge in their bellies. Me? I'm pregnant from my hair down to my toenails!

Even so, with all this discomfort, words fail me to describe what pregnancy is like. As I type, this little girl is apparently kickboxing in my belly. At this stage, I find it hard to be productive, because I know if I just sit still long enough, she'll start turning flips and I can sit and watch and feel the movements. What an awesome way our Lord has designed to bring new humans into the world! What a privilege and responsibility for woman!


Here's one of my favorite pictures of Jason and Seth:
I'm getting excited! And, BTW, we are still taking name suggestions!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You don't know how many times during my last pregnancy that I was tempted to buy one of those "grabber" things just to pick things up off of the floor! : ) I am sure I will be needing one again soon!

Leah-Joy said...

Seth was so little!! And so cute!
Miss and love you all!