Saturday, August 9, 2008

2 o'clock this morning

I've been trying so hard to capture Summer's grin on camera, but like most babies, she freezes at the sight of a camera. So far, only Sis and KK and I have seen the coo-ing and huge grin and even a dimple (just like Seth's!). This morning, she was so pleasant, and I managed to get a couple of shots, though you can only barely see the dimple. (It's on her right cheek in the second shot.)






"Why in the world does she have a camera out at this ridiculous hour?! Am I never safe?"

Sweet moments like those above, make moments like these.............

....more bearable. This is my shirt after returning from Wal-Mart Thursday evening. And, NO, that's not chocolate. To make a long story short, Summer had a blow-out, the changing table in the restroom was broken, Caleb ran over Bubbie with the buggy, and I left the store in the middle of a monsoon with my shirt on backwards and 18 broken eggs.

Ahh, the glamorous life of a mother....

5 comments:

Melanie said...

She is growing like a weed! Look how chubby she is and I see some blonde hair coming through now.

2:00 in the morning? Oh well, at least it is to play with that precious baby and not going to the bathroon for the 20th time!

Deborah said...

Only you could make this event sound funny! I laughed and then felt guilty for laughing :( Oh, Tara, what a day that must have been!

I love you and miss you!

Leah-Joy said...

She looks so big! Like Mama said, I think only you could make that sound funny!

Hope said...

That is hilarious! You have such a positive outlook on things like this :) Your pictures are beautiful.

Hope :)

Anonymous said...

You are right that I can appreciate this! I dealt with a blowout in the bathroom at Wal-Mart once with just the baby and a 2 year-old. I was sweating bullets and just about in tears when Matt's aunt walked through the door. I think I saw a halo and wings. :-)