Monday, August 11, 2008

To Each His (or Her) Own

I think it's cute how the kids have their dressers arranged. It tells a lot about who they are, and their varied interests. Caleb has always loved action figures, and some of these he's been collecting since he was 3 years old. He has always taken extreme care of his toys, and he sometimes packs my closet full whenever we have company so they won't get broken. He still has every single gun, knife, sword, bow, or whatever accessory was included. I only recall him losing one toy in his whole life, and even then he knew it immediately. It was in Triangle grocery store, and we went to the management and he tearfully asked them to call if they found it (they never did).

Notice the CD rack in the background. It's filled with everything from Beethoven and Vivaldi, to Veggie Tales, to books on CD (Robin Hood, Peter Pan), to Scripture reading, his Dad's preaching tapes, and even a Davy Crockett soundtrack.

Sis's dresser looks so "girly", and I wish I could say she played with these toys a lot, but the truth is, she is usually playing with her brothers. For every boy toy they have, she has the girl counterpart...Eowyn and Arwen from LOTR, Susan and Lucy from Narnia, Supergirl (the old version with clothes on), Annie Oakley. Maybe she can enjoy some of these girl toys with her new little sister.

I am so enjoying my kids at every stage of life. Though I look forward to watching them grow up and become adults, I treasure these fun, carefree childhood days.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

This is so precious! It makes me want to help my younger children clean up their room :) You are raising awesome children...

Melanie said...

I have always noticed Caleb's dresser. That is awesome how he keeps up with his things my poor kids......
I am the one who buys every storage container I can find and tries to organize the stuff! How can you play with the stuff if you can't find it?

Leah-Joy said...

It is neat how even little things like the top of a dresser can tell so much about a person.