Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Little Bubbas

Having my boys so close together (14 1/2 months apart) was both the hardest and greatest thing I have ever done. Each of them is such a hilarious and sweet blessing in his own way; but together, they just feed off each other's energy, and the results are priceless. I wonder how they'll be as adults..maybe adventurous and creative like the Wright Brothers, or maybe great in the Lord like John and Charles Wesley. (Hopefully not still getting into trouble like Frank and Jesse!) Just look at those grins.

Every day is filled with humor, but here are a few gems of late:


Seth, my little hobbit:

"Mama, I know what I want for my birthday. Will you please cut my finger off?" (to be like Frodo...)

"Mama, can I have one of those last grasshoppers?" (a.k.a. "everlasting gobstoppers")

Bubbie loves to help Jason lead songs in church. I am amazed at how many songs he knows the words to, and it just melts my heart to hear him singing hymns while he's playing and going about his day. But, occasionally, he gets the words wrong.....
It's time to stand and get your red back book and sing number 318, "Praise God, My Hands are Gone" (without cracking a smile)
Now let's sing number 181, "Blessed A Shoe Shop" (again, without cracking a smile!)

The arrival of "The Boys" certainly turned life upside down in the Stringer house. I've given up the dignity of quietly going to the store or library or church without drawing attention to myself; we've learned to read lips on movies; and we've adapted to doing school with a constant chatter in the background....but there'll be time for all those things later in life. Right now, we're just having fun!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a great post about those irresistible, handsome boys!

Leah-Joy said...

They are so SWEET!!! I think that is about how our boys are!