Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stringer Family Vacation

The week before Jason's scheduled time off, 2 storms ripped through our neighborhood in 1 weekend. So, my hardworking husband has given up his long coveted vacation to roof our house. He has never roofed a house alone before, but true to his pioneer spirit, he just jumped right in. It has been a joint effort, with many family, friends, and neighbors lending a hand.
Sis cleaning out gutters

KK on the roof removing nails


Gran and the kids and I picked up shingles (and Poppie cut the grass too!)


Jason removing the old shingles


Our brother-in-law Kevin took a day off work to help


Paw-Paw (still suffering from falling off a ladder helping someone else a few years ago!) loaded up on pain medicine and insisted on helping


Our neighbor Kenneth brought over his forklift to help get the 90-lb shingle bundles from the ground to the roof


Our good friend Travis took 1/2 day off work on Friday and gave up his Saturday to pitch in during the hottest part of the week!

I can't imagine how hot it was on that roof!


Our neighbor Blake brought over his bulldozer to clean up some of the mess


Jason's hunting buddy Clint even came over and plowed up the garden for Jason


Even though everyone has been busy and working hard, we did manage to squeeze in some fun!




(Rosebud looking out the glass door at the big kids with water guns)








And Nanna even rounded us up a new little Kitten, "Dixie"


The Lord has blessed us with favorable weather and held off the rain. He taught Jason how to roof, and also gave us favor with the insurance company who had previously slighted us about needing a new roof. He has blessed us with safety, and also that blessed feeling that comes when you receive much-needed help from family and friends. "Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore." Ps. 113:2

4 comments:

Melanie said...

What a week! If we had not been in revival I know we would have been in the middle of it with you! I did say many prayers for the safety of all of your family and friends on that roof! What wonderful neighbors, family and friends you have. Now, I am praying for your a/c. : )

Macey said...

Wow. Sounds like an exciting week and a fun vacation for Bro. Jason! That picture of Summer Rose looking out the window was so cute.

See ya tonight!

Kristy... said...

I found your blog while I was checking out Melanies blog!

I have enjoyed browsing around it.. I love your vaccine posts and plan to read more later.

I also love Glenn Beck :P
and I also have a Caleb except, mine is with a K.. Kaleb..
OH and my husband is a Jason as well
Anyways I will be back!!

Deborah said...

What a testimony of Christian friends...it certainly wasn't a vacation, but the sweetness I felt through the pictures sure did uplift my spirit. Matter of fact, I'm crying...

Love you,
Deborah