Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Rose Has Bloomed

Well, it was bound to happen. That sweet little darling Rosebud has now blossomed into a wild climbing Rose! These past couple weeks have been a little too eventful for my tastes! Let's see if I can just recount a few episodes for you.

She has...
handled every CD and DVD in our entire library.
deleted half my address book on my cell phone.
sent a video of the back of Macey's head to a friend of mine during church.
eaten dirt from Gran's plant.
called the NRA back from the caller I.D.
decided that the coolest place to play is the toilet.
taken over the organization of our homeschool drawers.
chewed a whole pack of gum with the wrappers on.
taken up reading. (I'm very jealous of my books!)
eaten...
eaten...
eaten...chicken poop. There. I said it. I'm not going to elaborate on that one.
become the 1st of our 5 children to require stitches.
Whew!
We've taken to calling her "Inspector Gadget", since she insists on inspecting all our gadgets (cell phones, iPods, telephones, remote controls, walkie talkies, etc.)

Here she is looking so innocent after taking every last piece of clothing out of my dresser drawers.

She knows exactly who to go to when she wants something! She climbs up Sis as if she were a ladder.



She loves all her bubbas


And they love her back in spite of the fact that she steals their toys!


What an adventurous time of life. Toddler days are so fun, and there is something new every day! I will say from experience, that having a toddler in your 30's is much more exhausting than having one in your 20's. I'm so thankful for big brothers and sisters who pitch in!

2 comments:

Macey said...

HAHA!! I hope my hair looked ok :) I throughly enjoyed yall's company last night. Can't wait til next time :) Oh and Pearl or "Dixie" still has all of her hair and one little bald spot. So all is well!! LOL

Melanie said...

Well, that picture I had in my mind of Rosebud sitting quietly playing with her box of toys has just been blown out of the water. : )

Love this post.