Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time Out

I've been in planning mode these past few days, and haven't had much time to blog. We school year round, from September to September. Schooling year round allows me the flexibility to take time off for life's interruptions (i.e., revivals, babies, roofing the house, work at LMO, sick days, etc.) without "getting behind". Our normal week consists of 4 days of lessons. Even with a 4-day week, we can still take 7 weeks off during the year. This schedule works very well for our family. While I love that the kids don't have long spaces off between each year (makes for brain mush!), we have enjoyed these past couple weeks off to just relax and do some fun projects. Here they are painting some little seed planters.








Dixie is always close by, hiding but watching. She doesn't like having her picture taken, and hid forever in this tree until I put my camera away. I tricked her and tiptoed around to get this shot. We got a kick out of this, because apparently the little stinker stuck her tongue out at me!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Look at that cat! That is a great picture.

Kristy... said...

I am thinking on doing September to September myself.... I am liking the "no pressure" attitude that comes with year round schooling... I think that we are going to start that this year tho, I am not acutally starting till October as I am enjoying my new bundle :P