Friday, May 14, 2010

(Please don't plan anything for me this weekend. Thank you.)

Wow, what a busy time we've had at our house these past couple weeks. I won't bore you with all the details, but here's a brief summary: Baby Bottle Change Drive, Homeschool Recital, Urgent Care (x4), Emergency Room (x2), adult-onset asthma, MRSA, Mother's Day, wireless router down (gasp!), non-profit tax return, LMO newsletter and brochure printing.......

All this, and I still managed to keep myself and Jason and all 5 children fed, clothed, relatively clean, and relatively happy through it all! Whew! I can't truly say that we got a whole lot of school lessons done, although we learned a lot about working together and also how to prioritise. I'm so thankful for my children, who aren't spoiled and self-centered, but who pitch in and keep the house running and help with the baby when I am sick or have obligations to fulfill with the crisis pregnancy center. By occasionally sharing their Mom with LMO, they are making their own contributions to the fight against abortion, and I admire them for that.

Below are a few snapshots from this past weekend. Our local Baptist homeschool group met for a little family night recital and fellowship. I included a video of Caleb and Madelyn playing a duet. We have laughed and laughed at Madelyn dancing on the piano stool!








2 comments:

Melanie said...

and I will say AMEN!

Great pictures!

Kristy... said...

awww she is just really into it.. HOW CUTE!