Monday, October 4, 2010

Blessed are the poor in spirit...

My heart is full today. I have a lot to blog about, I just can't seem to get my thoughts focused on anything except getting ready for revival tonight. Jason is preaching, and last night, he preached and the Lord moved in a mighty way. Our Caleb finally got things right with God, and got saved. He made a profession of faith when he was 7 years old, and Jason and I felt good about it. We did not push him; in fact, we made him beg. Caleb has always been the kind of child whose heart was directed toward the Lord. He's always asked deep, theological questions, and always wanted to serve God. Perhaps that's why he made a move so early, but a couple years ago, he began to have doubts. I've never seen a child be so "poor in spirit", truly seeking God. It's been an agonizing time, watching him struggle, but we were determined to stay out of it, pray for him, and let him make peace with His Creator on his own. Thank God that He still saves and answers prayers! And I'm so thankful for my church family. Jason dismissed everyone to go home, but every single person stayed, praying with him and for him, determined to wait it out until he got what he needed. THAT'S what church is all about. It's not an organization, it's a family of believers, dedicated to building a wall of prayer around our young ones, trusting God for each other to keep them in His fold.

Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for tonight!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Praise the Lord!

That is exactly what I want for mine, to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they belong to the Lord and that he has heard their plea....no matter how long it takes!

I know the Lord has mighty plans for Caleb.

Love y'all!