Thursday, November 1, 2007

Those that seek me early shall find me...

Wisdom speaks.....from Proverbs 8
"O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.....
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge......
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me......
My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold.....
I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.....
Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.....
For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death."
25 years ago, I was gloriously saved. How thankful I am for the privilege of knowing the Lord at the young age of 7. I don't ever remember NOT loving Jesus, and wanting to please Him. I have many regrets in my life, and I've certainly made many mistakes, but I do know how different things could have been for me during those turbulent years of youth, had I not had the Holy Spirit as my conscience and guide. The Lord gave me a love for His Word; the Word that has sustained me and taught me things that no man showed me.
As a mother, there are many things I want for my children. I want them to be kind, good citizens, well-spoken, well-read, and successful in whatever the Lord calls them, but more than anything I want them to know Jesus personally. He is able to teach them all those things that I fail to do or cannot do, and His wisdom will allow them to "inherit substance" and "fill their treasures" in a way their parents can never do for them.
What a burden is lifted from my feeble shoulders, that the Lord can fill in all the gaps of my mistakes in childrearing! The Lord has given them to me, to train them early to obey, and come when they are called (just as little Samuel), so that when He calls them, they will come willingly the first time. I pray that the Lord will help me keep my goals clear, and my priorities in order. Math and reading are important, but without respect for authority and willing obedience, they are eternally useless.
"And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children." Isaiah 54:13

2 comments:

Deborah said...

What a blessing it was to read your blog this morning.
Thank you.

Amy said...

I needed to read that. Thanks.