Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Say "Cheese", Bubbie!

I have always been religious about family pictures. Jason and I have had a family portrait made every year since we were engaged to be married. It's something that is important to me. However, my little Bubbie seems bent on frustrating my plans! Evidently, he was born with a hatred for professional photographers, and absolutely refuses to perform.

"Bubbie, show us how a big boy smiles!" Well, as you can see, it's not exactly what I was wanting.

But at least it's an improvement over last year:

But I'm not going to worry about it. Even though he does mess up my family portraits every year, I don't think any professional could ever capture a smile better than this one below. I made this just after Bub's first flat top last year. Isn't he adorable? (NOTE: If you click on the image and look at it up close, you'll see Bubbie's perpetually dirty mouth. I honestly believe the Lord painted a smudge underneath his skin, and no matter how often it is cleaned, it ALWAYS seeps back through!)

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love pictures, too! You will really appreciate them even more as the children get older. You have a beautiful family. Keep up the good work.

Amy said...

Bubbie is too cute. And a sweetie too.

faye blalock said...

TARA,THE CHILDREN HAVE GREW SO MUCH SINCE THE LAST TIME I SAW THEM.THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!