Monday, January 28, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice..

We're having a baby GIRL!

Due June 28 (at least that's their best guess. I say June 15. We'll see!)

We're taking baby girl name suggestions.....




A Mother's Prayer
by Barbara C. Ryberg
I wash the dirt from little feet,
And as I wash I pray,
"Lord, keep them ever pure and true
To walk the narrow way."
I wash the dirt from little hands,
And earnestly I ask,
"Lord, may they ever yielded be
To do the humblest task."
I wash the dirt from little knees,
And pray, "Lord, may they be
The place where victories are won,
And orders sought from Thee."
I scrub the clothes that soil so soon,
And pray, "Lord, may her dress
Throughout eternal ages be
Thy robe of righteousness."
E'er many hours shall pass, I know
I'll wash these hands again;
And there'll be dirt upon her dress
Before the day shall end."
But as she journeys on through life
And learns of want and pain,
Lord, keep her precious little heart
Cleansed from all sin and stain;
For soap and water cannot reach
Where Thou alone canst see,
Her hands and feet, these I can wash --
I trust her heart to Thee.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats!! Tell Madelyn I am sooo proud for her. I Guess I can't pass the cute boy stuff to you...Maybe to Melonie!?!

I love that poem. I read it years ago when I was pregnant with Luke, in hopes of being that wise.

Melanie said...

Girl names, so much fun.... I am thinking....
Emma Katherine
Sarah Elizabeth
Amelia Grace
Anna Sophia
Gracie Anne
Caroline Faith

Deborah said...

Where did you find that poem? Please tell me...I have feelings that I can not describe about my children sometimes, and that poem said exactly what I need to do: trust their hearts to Christ. I can do the "Mommy" things, but in reality, those things pale in comparison to what they need from their Lord.

Noel said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you and your family. :0)

Tara said...

Deborah, I found this poem in my husband's grandmother's Bible after she passed away. Our church meets in her now empty house, and one night as I was so exasperated with my Seth, I took him out to discipline him into a back bedroom. I sat there almost in tears, so frustrated with him and myself, and felt led to pick up that Bible. I opened it up, and that poem fell into my lap. It has meant so much to me. Thanks for asking.