Thursday, May 1, 2008

The babies have arrived....early!

Our first litter of chicks! (Congratulations to Daddy Jason who has worried over them more than the Mama Hen Goldie)
She was sitting on 11 eggs, due to hatch on Saturday. They must have begun hatching early in the morning hours. So far we have counted 5, and the other eggs show signs of pecking.
Aren't they cute?
Of course Little Farmer Girl was right there in the middle of everything, running around (I won't say "like a chicken with its head cut off") helping Daddy and so proud that it was her hen that did the sitting. Compare the innocence and contentment in the picture above, to this.......

Most of those little hands reaching up to this pitiful little starlet are the same age as my little girl. (This picture is from the Kids Choice Awards.) How tragic to be that aware and sensual at what should be such a fun and carefree age! I thank the Lord for our humble little home, where our kids are largely unaware of the dangers and temptations Satan has to offer them.

4 comments:

Leah-Joy said...

She looks so happy! I love being down at the barn too! I don't know if we will have any biddies this year or not. :(

Noel said...

SO happy for you guys:)
Chicks are so fun to watch grow. :0)

Thanks for sharing.

Deborah said...

What a contrast!

What an encouragement to strive to live for Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Melanie said...

That is great! I totally agree with the comparison. I am as thankful as you are that my children also know the joy of the simple things.