Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sunshine!

or should I say, "Mt. Doom Frodo". I can't believe my little Sunshine is 5 years old today! Seth has always been true to his nickname. He really does light up every room and every life he enters. He gets so excited about the little things in life. He's jumped in my lap and squeezed and hugged me with all his might already a dozen times this morning.."Thank you so much, Mama!! I just love you so much! I can't believe I'm 5!"

Here he is with Bub eating his birthday Monkey Bread breakfast, watching his home movie of when he was born.


Here he is modeling his birthday present: hobbit pants and SUSPENDERS just like a real hobbit!!


We had a lot of fun making him look like Mt. Doom Frodo (Frodo almost at the end of his journey). Notice the wound from the ringwraith's blade, and of course his hair is messed up, and he has bruises and scratches on his face. He wanted me to cut his finger off, but I drew the line there!!


And of course it wouldn't be complete without hobbit feet:


He even got a Star-glass (the Phial of Galadriel), a "light in dark places". (It sort of resembles a tyke light....)

It has been challenging, raising a child with so much spirit and will, learning as we go how to shape that will into something God can use. As we celebrate his earthly birthday today, I pray for and look for the day when he will experience his spiritual birthday.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SETH!!!!
I wish I had let Jenna call and tell him that herself. Just today she said "Mom, I love Seth!"
He is something else and soooo cute!