Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Summer Rose










Has it possibly been a year since I gave birth to this precious baby?

Words cannot even express what Summer has meant to me....not just me as a mother, but to me as a person. Yes, she is the apple of everyone's eye in our house, but we've always loved our babies around here. We have no favorites. But, at the time the Lord sent Rosebud our way, I was about as low as I've ever been in my life. Disappointments, betrayals, failures, tears, pain. I had a very difficult and miserable pregnancy. I couldn't lie down. I would sit straight up all night, dozing occasionally, but mostly just crying and hurting, physically and emotionally. I can't explain what a comfort it was to me to feel my baby moving. I knew she was fresh from heaven, having just recently received the breath of life from the Creator Himself, and it gave me a peace that can only come from Above. I can tell you that I received a healing when she was born, but what that truly means is just something personal between me and my Savior. Since words are inadequate, all I can say is "Thank you, Jesus," and I hope you can find that kind of peace with the Lord in your life too.

2 comments:

Macey said...

Happy Birthday Rosebud :)

Melanie said...

The Lord has blessed you so much. What a precious baby. Happy Birthday Rosebud!