Monday, January 6, 2014

My Morning View


I've always been very affectionate with all my kids. Lots of hugs and kisses around here!  But none of mine has been as "clingy" and loving as my Summer Rose. That girl loves me if no one else does!  She tells me (on my worst days!) how beautiful I look. She stops so often in the middle of the chaos and just looks lovingly at me and says, "You're the best!"  

And so, even though I've not had a decent potty break in 5 years, it's hard to get mad. I got up at 4:30 this morning in hopes of a little alone time, just me, my Bible, The Lord, and the Tassimo....and, alas, here comes the pitter patter of little feet...so much for the solitude!  She sleeps in her own bed, but it's like we have a built-in blue tooth connection. Every time I move a few feet, her alarm goes off. 

BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING! At least my girl sees her mommy read her Bible, and how boring and unadventurous my life would be without so many wonderful, blessed interruptions. 

Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Summer Rose and Janie are so much alike. However, as much as you and I have in common, I cannot for the life of me figure out how you get up and out of bed at 4, its a sin, 30 in the morning. ;)

Tara said...

You crack me up! How many times do I have to tell you, "SLEEP IS FOR SISSIES!"