Friday, January 24, 2014

The Total Package

My sweet little "Doodlebug" just turned 14 years old.  She's such a help and blessing to me!  It's both agonizing and wonderful to watch her grow into a young woman.   I still remember so well, my mischevous little girl who was fiercely independent and insisted on walking every step that Jason and Caleb walked.

  

The thing is, she still takes every step they take!  She and KK are inseperable, and I am so thankful for their relationship.  I can't imagine that they would be this close had I not had the privilege of homeschooling.




Here are some of my favorite pictures of her:





(Thank you, Jessie, for this beautiful picture!)

For Christmas, my mother gave Madelyn my Daddy's shotgun and a scarf.  She couldn't have been happier.  We laughed and talked about how that summed her up:  a piano playing little beauty who cooks and sews and is a natural with the babies, who also loves to hunt and shoot and chop firewood.  That's what I call the total package!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, my. Tara! She grown up. So much of you I see in her! A virtuous beauty.

Love, Amy W.