Monday, March 30, 2009

Mr. Mom and Mrs. Dad



What a disturbing reflection on our backwards society. Where have all the men gone? What kind of men allow the women to fight their wars and build their cities? Where is the glory of motherhood? Part of what makes a woman "virtuous" by definition of Scripture, is her willingness to cheerfully, productively, and efficiently manage a home, so that her husband is free to go out and sit "among the elders of the land" in the gates of the city. (Prov. 31:10-31)

I read a very interesting article the other day, "The Madonna Syndrome" . When you have time, you must click on the link and read this piece. It is an honest admission by a die-hard feminist. She tells her story (and stories of many other women she personally knows) who lived the feminist dream (that is, no ties to husband, children, home, relationships...only self-fulfillment and career); however, now.....for some reason unknown to her and all other lost people.....she writes this:


"I am a failure in my own eyes. Somewhere inside lurks a woman I cannot control and she is in the kitchen with a baby on her hip and dough in her hand, staring me down. She is saying: “This is happiness, this is what it's all about.” It's an instinct that makes me a woman, an instinct that I can't ignore even if I wanted to."
How sad!
So I guess now the natural progession for this generation of emasculated men is for them to take over the home and childrearing. I wonder if these men in this video, 30 years from now, will look back and see how ridiculously stupid they looked walking around with pink diaper bags and a baby tossed over their shoulder. My, how things have changed! Not even 100 years ago, the men aboard the Titanic considered it their God-given, honorable duty to die so their women and children could survive; now, we dress Mama in combat boots and send her off to war while Daddy stays home and changes diapers. I guess all those years of being slapped in the face for trying to hold the door open for a lady, of having to apologize for taking God-mandated dominion over the earth and building civilizations and countries from the ground up, of being made to feel guilty for not being able to bear children and being physically stronger than women....men have given up. They are a dying breed. No wonder we are being overrun by sodomites!
What you see in the above video is not a group of men. They might be of the male species, but they are not real men. Real men rise to the occasion of hard times and do whatever it takes to provide for their families. They see to it that their wife and children are cared for physically, emotionally, and also spiritually. And even if their wives are in the workplace, they still don't abdicate their roles as leader and protector.
"Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong." I Cor. 16:13
To my husband, Jason. I love you and am so proud of you. Thank you for going against the tide and working so hard to allow me to stay home and raise our children. (P.S. This doesn't mean that real men never change diapers!)

No comments: