Friday, March 26, 2010

Grave Influence

I love to read, and I read a lot about worldview and politics and how current events relate to the Scripture. There are a lot of great resources that help put issues into a Biblical perspective, but I recently read one book that just seemed to draw everything together into one resource. The book is called "Grave Influence: 21 Radicals and Their Worldviews that Rule America from the Grave" by Brannon Howse. It is not currently available at Amazon, and I believe can only be purchased through Brannon's website. The cost is $14.99, and the link is below. It is definitely worth the price! I highly recommend it to high school students who are seeking to study history and current events with a Biblical worldview. As a side note, I enjoy listening to Brannon's daily radio show via podcast. After following his research for a couple years now, I am amazed at just how "spot on" his predictions are. (Sometimes, I just wish he would be wrong! The truth about our nation and the condition of today's churches is really not pleasant right now, but we must face it head on!) I encourage you all to read this book.

Grave Influence available from Worldview Weekend

3 comments:

Parsley said...

I'm ashamed I don't read more. My husband and daughter are readers. Have you read Atlas Shrugged or 5000 year leap? It's on my list.

Tara said...

Parsley, I have read Atlas Shrugged...well, at least half of it. I am fascinated by Ayn Rand and her philosophies, being she grew up in communist Russia. However, her tortured and immoral life shows that it can't just be "capitalism", but "ethical capitalism" that can rightly bless a society, and these principles come from God. She, of course, was an atheist. As to the book, it was so interesting to me that it was almost a temptation. I got the audio version (paid nearly $50 for it!) and got through half of it. I couldn't put it down, but my conscience got the best of me. The book is full of immorality, but more than anything, the taking of our Lord's name in vain. Even in the name of scholarship, I just couldn't justify finishing it. So, I turned to the online cliff notes to see how it ended, and deleted that expensive book totally from my iTunes. ( http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/LitNote/Atlas-Shrugged-Book-Summary.id-7,pageNum-1.html).

As for the 5000 Year Leap, I have it on my Kindle App, and have only skimmed through it. I like what I have seen so far, and it is on my list as well.

Melanie said...

My, you have been a busy blogger!

Sounds like good reading. I will have to borrow it.

The pizza sounds awesome, Josh loves wings.

I plan on getting around to that video and link soon...perhaps at the next nap time for Janie.