Thursday, March 4, 2010

I have the greatest kids!

This past week has been a little too adventurous for me, and I haven't had any time or even the heart for blogging! One of the "setbacks" we've had is that our washer suddenly quit. And I mean suddenly....just after I had filled it with 7 people's worth of dirty socks and underwear and filled it with soap and water. Then...nothing! I'll spare you all the details, but it fell on me last night to empty the washer completely so Jason could move it out today.

We came home from church and I tucked everyone in soundly, so dreading sticking my hands in that cold, stinky water and wringing out all those clothes and emptying that extra-large capacity tub by hand. Then KK came sneaking down the hall and whispered, "Mama, you shouldn't have to do that by yourself. I'm going to stay up and help you." Then I go to cover the baby up and Sis stops me, "Mama, please let me help you! We can get done quicker if we work together!"

I was so thankful for the help! We're not talking about staying up and helping Mama bake cookies or something fun like that. We're talking nasty work. It took us until nearly midnight to finish, but I can't imagine how long it would have taken me alone. Sis scooped, I wrung out clothes, and KK dumped water outside. What a team!




2 comments:

Melanie said...

Yes you do have fine children. They are always pleasant and fun to be around.

Tasha said...

Sweet! Caleb and Sis you are so thoughtful.