Monday, March 8, 2010

Homeschoolers Be Aware!

Please take time to read this very disturbing article that's been circulating the news circuit:

Top Homeschool Texts Dismiss Darwin

This article specifically attacks Apologia and Bob Jones science texts, and quotes "experts" who accuse homeschooling parents of "promulgating lies to kids". It also says that our kids are being "shortchanged". This kind of talk sends chills down my spine as I think of the possible consequences. My friend Melanie pointed out a poll that follows the article on the MSNBC site. The poll is equally disturbing, showing the hatred and jealousy that the world has for Christian homeschoolers.

As I typed this, homeschoolers were losing the poll 38% to 61%, which doesn't surpise me since most free-thinking homeschoolers don't pay attention to MSNBC propoganda.

Poll: Is it okay for homeschool textbooks to dismiss the theory of evolution?

Of course, I couldn't resist weighing in on the discussion. After casting my vote, I registered and left the following comment:

1. Our Homeschool science texts do not "dismiss" evolution, but instead expose it for the faulty theory that it truly is. I dare say my children know more about the theory of evolution and Darwin's racist eugenics than any public school children. They just see it for the lie that it is. Please check out the movie Maafa 21 as a good starting place to study out the ugly truth behind Charles Darwin and his hatred of certain so-called "races" (a term which I have taught my children is not mentioned in the Bible and was invented by men such as Darwin to speak in a negative way of certain groups of people). Let's not forget the full title of his original publication (left off in most public school texts): The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life. Who gave Charles Darwin the right to decide which race was "favoured"?
2. To all the public educators who are so offended at homeschooling....um, your record speaks for itself. Most kids graduating today (if they make it that far) can't even read, much less critically analyze a text such as Darwin's. At least my children are learning to think for themselves.
3. I DON'T CARE WHOM YOU SIDE WITH ON THIS ISSUE, IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GRANDPARENT AND HAVE ANY INTEREST IN YOUR OWN CHILD'S UPBRINGING AND WELLBEING, YOU SHOULD OPPOSE ANY REGULATIONS THAT MANDATE WHAT A PARENT MUST DO FOR HIS/HER OWN CHILD. GOVERNMENT MAKES PATHETIC PARENTS!! (JUST LOOK AT THE WORTHLESS DFACS SYSTEMS ALL ACROSS OUR COUNTRY.) It's a textbook issue today, but tomorrow it WILL BE something that affects YOU, and you will wish a thousand times that you had stood up for PARENTS' RIGHTS TO RAISE THEIR OWN CHILDREN!


Some smarty-pants left the following response:
From your post, you clearly do not understand evolution. You should leave science teaching to professionals - for your kid's sake...

To which I replied:
I've never known a child who failed in life because he/she did not understand Darwin's theory of evolution. I have witnessed many, however, who lost their way and failed because their parents turned them over to a "professional".

(Just for the record, my comments and all the colorful replies can be found on page 20 when you "jump to the discussion" from the poll page. I'm registered as TeacherMom.)

Moms and Dads, we had better resist ALL FORMS OF REGULATION, including accreditation, or our GOD-GIVEN rights and mandates as parents may be snatched from us surely and swiftly!

7 comments:

Parsley said...

Thank you for this post. Of course it's just the 'same song, second verse' to the vitrol we've heard before against Christian homeschooling.

We have used Bob Jones AND apologia science and I actually appreciate the way the talk about evolution and creation. It DOES tell both views exist but tells what I and the authors view as the truth of the two.

Would you be willing to let me share this on my blog or with my homeschool group?

Tara said...

By all means, Parsley, share this with everyone you know. Homeschoolers are the epitome of grassroots efforts, and keeping everyone alert is so important!

Ryan said...

Lets start with a public school thought. What student to teacher ratio do you want? Lower is better? How about 5 students to each teacher? Would you like a teacher that is specialized in teaching how your child learns? How about a teacher that is available 24 hours a day instead of the typical 5?

What is coming is public schools will have to standardize everything in their classroom. No longer will the school teacher be allowed to even put up a poster unless it is part of the 'plan'. It will happen, district by district to protect them from litigation. More and more students will be homogenized and reduced to the least common denominator. And if it can continue on after the child graduated high school all the better.

Homeschooling and Christianity are two separate issues that attack this plan. Combined they are more effective at getting away from the desired social norm than either one on its own.

Keep teaching your kids how to think. Teach them how to learn for themselves. Teach them to become part of the real Christian community. The community that people in China, India, and the middle east want to be a part of because it is REAL even if it means their death.

Tara said...

Well said, Ryan. I love how your travels (and no doubt your studies)have given you such a well-rounded point of view. And you are no conspiracy theorist to suggest that "the plan" is being implemented! Sustainable development has been in place for decades and is right on track to producing little cookie cutter proletariat workers for the state. In Obama's own words, "From Cradle to Career".

Well, not MY child's cradle!

Melanie said...

Thank you for posting this. I felt like I was going to bust all day after reading those things!

I am going to post a link on my blog.

Lori said...

I came over from Melanie's blog.

We are using the Apologia this year and will be using it again next year. I taught the Bob Jones science for several years while teaching school. Both are wonderful science programs.

This is something that really floors me. After reading some of the many comments in the discussion room on that site, it shows how the evil of evolution has pulled so many people down.

This also proves that homeschool families really need to buckle down and work on making sure their children learn. Give them the opportunity to learn more than just what is being offered in the school systems.

If we are being criticized this much just on the subject of evolution. I'd really hate to see the criticism on the over all subject of homeschooling. I can only imagine.

I'm going to be linking to your post, if you don't mind.

Tara said...

You're right, Lori, about the evil of evolution. It truly is a demonic delusion, that's why it's little use to argue the point with them. They need the gospel light to shine some light on the situation for them. I've always said the intellect was Satan's playground, and the conscience is where the Lord works. WE NEED MORE REAL PREACHING! That's our only hope.

I too am inspired to work even harder on giving my children a quality, Christ-honoring education that will equip them to navigate through this confused world.

Of course you may link. Thanks for reading!
Tara