Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Class Dismissed

Here's a trailer for a movie that will be released soon called "Class Dismissed". It looks very interesting, and it says something that I admit even I have a hard time just coming right out and saying to others. The message is that a homeschool education is superior to a classroom experience.


It's true that I'm a Christian, and I don't want to turn my children over to a secular, atheist government to indoctrinate them with humanism and evolution. It's also true that I'm a mother hen, and I don't want to send my kids off to be violated by perverts (men and women these days), and having them WITH ME is my ONLY guarantee against this. The prevailing notion has been that homeschool parents are willing to sacrifice a quality education to guard against these evils; therefore, those who don't see a true threat in these areas just consider homeschoolers irresponsible and negligent toward their children. However, the wonderful truth is that while homeschool parents are protecting their children, they are are also able to provide them with a well-rounded, tailored education that prepares them for a life of success.

God's way is always the best way! In addition to providing a superior education, homeschooling allows me to:
  • shelter my children from evil and guard their innocence (Rom. 16:19; I Cor. 14:20)
  • pass along my faith (I Tim. 1:5 and 3:15) in a walk-along, talk-along manner (Deut. 6:6-9)
  • customize socialization (Prov. 13:20; I Cor. 15:33)
  • avoid ungodly teachers that will undermine their faith (Psalm 1:1; Jer. 10:2; I Tim. 6:20, 21)
  • cultivate a perfect heart and a willing mind (I Chron. 28:9)
  • order their education priorities: faith THEN virtue THEN knowledge (2 Pet. 1:5-8)
  • not give to Caesar that which belongs to the Lord (Ezekiel 16:20-21; Matt. 22:21)
Hooray for home education! I hope this film will open the hearts and minds of many parents.



No comments: