Monday, April 2, 2012

Monumentally Disappointed

Let me just say at the beginning of this post, that I HAVE NOT SEEN KIRK CAMERON'S NEW MOVIE MONUMENTAL. My personal conviction is that a movie theater where my Lord's name is cursed and mocked hundreds of times each day (along with glorifying all other manner of sin and debauchery) is no place for a child of God, even for a "good" movie. Even so, I have heard and read much about the movie.

I don't mean to beat up on a fellow believer, but I was quite alarmed to hear that Kirk Cameron arranged to have Mormon Glenn Beck piped in live at the beginning of the film. Reading the transcripts, it was so disheartening to see that he allowed Beck to speak of God and counsel the audience on spiritual matters. Having learned so much from Kirk's ministry (Way of the Master) about Mormonism, I was utterly shocked at the complete failure of discernment on Kirk Cameron's part to give accreditation to Beck's cult.

Most Christians today have little or no discernment. Their commitment to theology and doctrine is an inch deep and a mile wide. They are impressed with Beck's talk of God and Jesus and even salvation, but the reality is that his God and Jesus are not the God and Jesus of the Bible!

I guess what has shocked me the most about Kirk Cameron's inclusion of Glenn Beck in this spiritual enterprise, and thus his endorsement of Beck's theology, is that Kirk Cameron was one of the VERY FEW who declined involvement is Beck's pseudo-revival 8/28 Restoring Honor rally, an ecumenical hodgepodge.


I have been blessed by the ministry and integrity of Kirk Cameron through the years, but I do believe he has fallen into the same ecumenical ditch about which he has spent the last 10+ years warning others. He is in my prayers.

See also:

No comments: