Friday, April 13, 2012

Today

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Psalm 90:12

Procrastination Friday.
That's what today is.

I am a busy person (contrary to what Hillary Rosen might think) . It will exhaust me just to type this, but let me name just a few hats that I wear:
wife, pastor's wife, mother to 5, home education instructor to pre-k thru high school, sunday school teacher, executive director of a crisis pregnancy center, webmaster for church and cpc, co-founder and co-director of a homeschool fellowship (oh, and blogger!)

Obviously, my plate is full. Now please understand, I wouldn't have it any other way! I love my family, my church, my pro-life work, and my friends. I consider myself abundantly blessed.

Even so, I find time management to be my greatest challenge in life. I have so much on my heart to do, but I just physically don't have enough time to get it all done. To be perfectly honest, if I can just keep my kids fed and clean and happy and educated, that takes the bulk of my day! When you mix in piano lessons, orthodontic appointments, food allergies, speaking engagements, etc., etc., it can be overwhelming.

To try and manage life and not miss any major deadlines, I live by a "to do" list. Every single day starts out with prayer and a pen and paper. While this is good (I guess), I find that when I don't get certain things marked off my list from day to day, that those things begin to feel like an albatross around my neck! It just bogs me down to have certain tasks hanging over my head week after week.

So, the past few Fridays, I have been setting aside time to mark some of those tedious things off my list. I've been calling it "Procrastination Friday". I try to manage my schedule to where we have a very short school day on Friday, and Jason is usually home, so the kids like to go out and work with him and the house is almost quiet!

Wish me luck, and if I've been promising to do something for you for several weeks...I might just follow through on that today! By the way, here's some of the fruit of my recent labors:


Have a productive day!

No comments: