Monday, July 20, 2009

Psalm of Summer

PSALM OF SUMMER
Now it came to pass that spring turned to summer.
God's people raised their voices and said:
Recreation is my shepherd;
I shall not stay at home;
He maketh me to lie down in a sleeping bag.
He leadeth me down to the interstate each weekend.
He restoreth my suntan;
He leadeth me to state parks for comfort's sake.
Even though I stray on the Lord's Day,
I will fear no reprimand
For thou art with me, my rod and reel they comfort me.
I anointeth my skin with oil, my gas tank runneth dry;
Surely my trailer shall follow me all the weekends this summer
--Johnny the Baptist

3 comments:

Macey said...

Thanks for the help last night! I finally Got it!

Melanie said...

It does get bad. This was written by someone who knows what they are talking about.

Jessie said...

ROTFLOL !!!!!!! Where did you get that ? That is sooo funny !!
JR