Monday, July 27, 2009

This is not a stock photo! (Really, I promise!)

If you want to commit "plant abuse", then just give it to me. Seriously! Just ask my mother-in-law. Her house looks like a memorial to the Garden of Eden. Mine is neat and clean (humor me, please...), but terribly plain. How lovely it would look with some pretty flowers or ferns hanging on my front porch. She has tried to help me many times. She'll bring a beautiful plant or flower and place it in just the right spot, and she'll say things like, "Now, I water mine every other day," with that hopeful look, but......they never make it. I don't know why I can't grow stuff. I know all the facts and research about them, but they just don't like me.

So that's why I'm so delighted with my African Violet that I got from the church on Mother's Day. Yes, Mother's Day. That was in May. This is the end of July. Hah!

I even re-potted it in my little strawberry dish to match my kitchen! Isn't it beautiful?



They say talking to plants makes them healthier. Maybe that's why I never have any luck! So this past May, when I was re-potting my little scared plant, I just looked at it and said, "Look, you want to live. I want a plant in my kitchen. Can't we work something out?" So far, so good, but next time you come to my house, maybe you could whisper a little word of encouragement to Violet. She'd appreciate it.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations to you and 'Violet' for making it this far! She looks beautiful, so you're doing all the right things!

Kristy... said...

Oh yay...
I love the flower but that strawberry pot is ADORABLE.

I know how you feel, I kill things too, but I recieved a piece of an aloe plant in April from my friends mom... I am so pleased that its "going to town" now in my front window. I am so proud of that little thing. and it came in handy when I got the mom of the year award when my son was sunburned.
Anyways YAY~! COngrats!

Jessie said...

Tell Violet I'm praying for her :)lol

Melanie said...

It is even more impressive in person. : )