Monday, October 5, 2009

CHILL OUT!

Chill out! That's the message to all my fellow homeschool moms. In the article below, you'll see that you're kids really aren't missing that much from a public education. I know we often worry about measuring up, or missing something vitally important, and stressing about whether or not our children will be prepared for life....but, um, my 4-year old is already ahead of these high school students in history.


75 Percent of Oklahoma Students Can't Name the First President - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports

And whenever I get nervous about measuring up (which, honestly, is not often...I have total peace about homeschooling), I just think of what all my children are NOT learning:
they don't know curse words

they don't know perverted jokes

they are so innocent that it's almost funny in this twisted world in which we live

they don't sympathize with sodomites

they don't know evolution (actually they do, but I had to teach them, and I took advantage of my God-ordained privilege and responsibility to teach them that it was a lie out of hell)

they don't know that their brothers and sisters are not cool

they don't know that they're supposed to disrespect and sneak around their elders

they don't know worldly music and they don't know that they're supposed to idolize "cute" boys and girls from movies and TV shows

they don't know how to chant praises to Obama

the list could go on and on.......

So there may be a few important things that we actually do miss in education, but it's an okay trade for all the sinful things they're missing that could turn their tender hearts away from God.

Thank the Lord for the privilege to homeschool!