Monday, October 26, 2009

Ranch Chalupas

Thought I'd share one of my family's favorite new recipes. These chalupas are similar to a bread style taco, but with a Ranch twist. Obviously, you can adjust portions for your family's size; however, I will say that these are a little more filling than tacos. This makes 16, and easily feeds my family of 6 + 1 baby portion (yes, Rosebud loves them too!). I freeze any leftover meat mixture for a quick burrito lunch (just add sour cream and cheese). Enjoy!

RANCH CHALUPAS
1 8-oz. cup sour cream
4 tsp. ranch salad dressing mix
1 tsp. lime juice
Mix and refrigerate until ready to use

2 lbs. ground beef
1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 10-oz. can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp. cilantro (optional, but I love cilantro!)
1/4 c. (or 1 envelope) taco seasoning
Brown meat; drain. Then add beans, tomatoes, and seasoning and heat through.

Preferred toppings such as lettuce, shredded cheese, onions or green onions, sliced ripe olives

2 16.3-oz. large tubes of buttermilk refrigerated biscuits (8-count each)
After sour cream, meat, and toppings are prepared, heat skillet on medium to high heat. Roll out biscuits into 6-inch circles and cook over medium heat about 60 seconds on each side or until brown; keep warm. (dry skillet, no oil)

Spread each bread piece with 1 Tbsp. ranch sour cream, about 1/3 c. meat mixture, then sprinkle with desired toppings. Roll up taco style to eat.

4 comments:

Kristy... said...

OK these sound amazing.. my question is tho, how "ranchy" do they taste... my husband doesnt care for ranch dressing AT ALL.. so I am worried he wouldnt like them due to that... hmm

Tara said...

Kristy
DOESN'T LIKE RANCH? JK..my husband doesn't love it either, but he likes this recipe. You could always just serve plain sour cream, but it really isn't a very strong Ranch flavor.

Kristy... said...

Ha ha , I always tease him that he is unAmerican because he doesnt like ranch.. lol
I will try it, if he doesnt like it, I wont make it again.. :)

Suzanne said...

Fixed these for supper tonight and everyone loved them. Didn't have any canned biscuits so I used flour tortillas. Thanks for sharing.