Friday, October 2, 2009

Know, No, Go

It's true that I hear good preaching every Sunday, but I do love to listen to the old preachers from days gone by. One way that God has truly blessed us through technology, is through the ability to go back to the start of this past century and find recordings of men of God. I seriously doubt that Bro. Lester Roloff or Bro. Maze Jackson or Bro. Harold Sightler ever imagined their sermons being downloaded for iPods, but I'm thankful for that privilege. I like to read scripture aloud and try to imagine how John the Baptist and Paul might have sounded as they delivered their messages. I've read messages from Jonathan Edwards and George Whitefield, but that isn't the same as hearing something preached with anointing. I can personally testify that there have been certain times in my life where I had sin and weights that I needed to lay down. I read about these issues, but was able to reason through the arguments laid out in print. Then, I heard them preached on with anointing, and the Holy Spirit bare witness on my soul that in order to continue forward in my Christian walk, I must lay these things down. That's why church and preaching are so neccessary to the Christian walk. Pray for your preacher!

I hope you enjoy this message by Bro. Roloff. It's called "Know, No, Go", and it was a great encouragement to me. The one thing that always draws me back to Bro. Roloff's messages, is the love for sinners that you can so strongly hear and feel in his voice. How I need that kind of compassion! Our hope is not in America, and certainly not in Obama (though many actually pray to him, believe it or not!) , our only hope is in Christ Jesus, Who is soon returning. Preachers, preach while there's still time!

Enjoy:
"Know, No, Go" by Bro. Lester Roloff (you can download it or stream it live)

No comments: